There is a SIP Trunking or UCaaS solution for any budget and need. Let the Telecom Designs experts help you decide.
What is SIP Trunking?
Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) trunks are on-premises virtual phone lines that convert analog voice signals to digital. SIP trunking delivers scalability to grow with your retail business and manage a distributed workforce of remote, store, distribution, and warehouse workers. VoIP connectivity offers a full set of features that promote user productivity and enhance customer experience.
What is UCaaS?
UCaaS is short for unified communications as a service which offers a variety of communications and applications services via the Cloud. UCaaS services typically include cloud-based calling, chat, video, and audio-conferencing managed by a third party and offered for a monthly recurring subscription charge.
What are the benefits of SIP Trunking vs. UCaaS?
SIP Trunking offers:
- Functionality of traditional analog POTS lines over a single high-speed internet connection
- Ability to support any combination of media in a single SIP session
- Can be used to update legacy phone systems without replacing them
- Offers bandwidth scalability during high demand times
- Scales to support peak calling periods without adding lines
- Centralize call handling and voice applications across store locations
- Easily support advanced phone system functions via SIP trunks rather than main internet
- High levels of encryption bring security and peace of mind
- Easy for IT to maintain
- On-premise IP PBX costs less over lifetime of investment as compared to a hosted cloud solution
- Eliminate downtime due to ISP disruptions with cellular redundancy capabilities.
- Uniformity of infrastructure across locations
- Cloud backbone enhances business continuity and availability
- Lower CapEx equipment costs
- Ideal where internal IT resources are limited
- Integrated internal and external engagement with employees and customers
- Improved scalability for growing retail chains with expanding locations or new store openings
- Cloud-based telephony eliminates toll and long-distance charges
- Reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
Telecom Designs Managed Services: We manage every aspect of your UCaaS or SIP Trunking Transformation
We plan and oversee your transformation from end to end which enables our managed services team to ensure that your systems run smoothly every day.
We begin each project with an on-site survey so we know exactly what you have. We have one of the most rigorous and thorough site surveys in the industry. We want to be sure we find everything that needs to be transformed!
Our managed services for include:
- Site survey
- POTS Phone numbers
- POTS numbers connected to alarm panels
- Onsite cell signal testing for cellular backup redundancy if required
- Staging, kitting
- Professional installation
- Remote firmware updates
- Dashboard Monitoring & Alerts
- Device break/fix
- Emergency Replacement
Thinking about UCaaS or SIP Trunking? Don’t delay. Call us today and we’ll help you figure out what’s the best path for your retail chain.